Chianti Classico Wine Estate– Chianti classico Farm Estate with Agriturismo
Features and Amenities:
- Location: Chianti, Tuscan Countryside, Florence, Siena
- Typology: Winery, Bed and Breakfast, Manor
- Condition: very good conditions
- Size: 7300 mq - 78579.18 sqft
- Land: 160 ha - 395,36 ac
- Bedrooms: 8+
- Bathrooms: 8+
- Number of buildings: 10+
- Price Range: from 7M up
- Garden: yes
- Pool: yes, 2
- Olive Grove: 7 ha - 17,29 ac
- Vineyard: 28 ha-69,18 ac DOGC; 17 ha - 42 ac IGT
- Parking: yes
- Extra features: Xth century hamlet with a rustic style
Description in Detail
Located in the heart of the Chianti hills halfway between Siena and Florence, Chianti Wine Estate is a farm estate with organic certification since 2012.
The estate consists of two independent groups of buildings: the Farm and the Agritourism, located a few kilometres away from each other for a total size of 7300 sqm of buildings and 160 ha of land.
The Farm is part of a medieval village dating back to the year 1000 AD and produces olive oil and wines that are highly appreciated throughout the world. It consists of several buildings for a total size of about 5870 sqm, distributed as follows:
– main house of about 1000 sqm,
– farmhouse of about 240 square meters,
– a third building of about 240 square metres which houses the offices and caretaker’s residence ,
– the cellars of about 1700 sqm,
– underground cellars for a further 2200 square metres, other structures for animals shed and machinery storage.
The Agritourism has a total size of about 1100 sqm and includes:
- 4flats for a total of about s for a total of 8 double rooms and 8 bathrooms;
- a second adjacent building includes the shop, 2 rooms equipped for cooking, and the caretaker’s flat;
- the machinery storage shed of about 400 square metres;
- a single cottage with 2 bedrooms and two bathrooms.
The land surrounding the two groups of buildings has a total amount of approximately 160 hectares of which: 28 hectares of DOGC Vineyards, 17 hectares of IGT Vineyards, 7 hectares of olive groves, 45 hectares of arable land, 45 hectares of woodland.
The total 45 ha of vineyards includes: 26 ha Chianti Classico DOCG + 3 ha Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG + 16 ha Toscana IGT + 0.2 ha Vinsanto Chianti Classico DOC.
The two groups can be purchased either together or separately.
The company produces about 150,000 bottles of wine per year and about 20 ql of olive oil DOP
85% of wine sales are exported abroad and 15% through the Italian market.
The property lends itself to various uses, including the start-up of a new accommodation business, the development of a conference and events center or the continuation of the existing wine business.
Vineyards & Winery Details
- Vineyard Surface
45 ha - 111 ac (28 ha=69 ac DOGC; 17 ha =42 ac IGT)
- Grape Variety
Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc
250 -5550 mt
- Yearly Production
|Type||Composition||N°Bottles Produced||Price per Bottle|
Current State and Condition
The buildings are in very good conditions, they just need few modernisation works and to be eventually customised.
Utilities and Services
- Water: Municipal water, 2 private wells
- Heating: LPG and oil
The property lends itself to several destination of use, including the start-up of a new accommodation business, the development of a counter congress and events or the continuation of the wine business.
- City: Castellina in Chianti
- Province: Siena
The property is located in Chianti Classico halfway between Florence and Siena.